- How to Create a Tapfiliate Account
- Edit Your Tapfiliate Profile
- Tapfiliate Dashboard
- Tapfiliate Reporting
- Tapfiliate Assets
- Tapfiliate Conversions & Commissions
- Tapfiliate Payouts
Do you have a website audience or extensive business network looking for world class email marketing and infrastructure? Tell them about Mailjet and get rewarded.
But what about monitoring your referrals’ subscription rates and the commissions you need to receive? If you have become an affiliate of Mailjet’s, you should (understandably) want to monitor the conversion rates for the leads you referred to Mailjet, and check the amount and status of the commissions you are receiving from us.
To help you do that easily, we have partnered with Tapfiliate - a cloud based affiliate tracking software. Tapfiliate allows you to track data sent by Mailjet in real-time regarding the prospects you referred to us:
- Number of conversions
- Subscription Payments made by converted prospects
- Number of commissions
- Commission amount
How to Create a Tapfiliate Account
Sign up for a Tapfiliate Account
If you feel that you have a proper audience or network to promote Mailjet, please go to the Mailjet’s Tapfiliate signup page to create an account there:
- In English : https://mailjet.tapfiliate.com/programs/mailjet-s-affiliate-program-1/signup/
- In French : https://mailjet.tapfiliate.com/programs/programme-daffiliation-mailjet/signup/
After clicking on the signup link, you will be prompted to enter your first & last name, email and password to create your account.
When you are ready with the details, click on ‘Sign up now’.
Address and Company Details
You have entered your Tapfiliate account for the first time. Choose a profile photo and a language for the Tapfiliate interface.
Enter your company address in the Address fields.
Enter a name and a short description for your company (these fields are optional).
You will be asked to enter your bank account details - an IBAN for the bank account you want to receive your commission in. Without your IBAN we will not be able to send you the money you have earned through your commissions.
That’s it - your Tapfiliate account is ready! Now you just need to wait a bit until our Marketing team activates your affiliate program. Once it’s active, you will receive a confirmation email containing your referral URL.
Edit Your Tapfiliate Profile
To access your Tapfiliate Profile settings, click on the ‘My Account’ icon in the top-right corner.
Select the ‘Account Settings’ option from the drop-down menu. You will be redirected to a page, where you can update your profile information.
The details you can update here are the same you used when setting up your account. You can also select a timezone for the Tapfiliate interface.
The password for your Tapfiliate account can be updated from the ‘Password’ tab.
You may also need to update your bank account details - e.g. if you changed banks and your old bank account is now closed.
Click on ‘My Account’ and select ‘Payout Methods’ from the drop-down menu.
You will see your registered bank account here. To register a different one, you first need to delete the old one.
Click on ‘Delete’.
A pop-in window will appear - click on ‘Confirm’.
Afterwards you are free to add a new IBAN - select the ‘New Payout Method’ option, then enter your IBAN and click on ‘Add’.
The Dashboard of your Tapfiliate account gives you an overview of your account and progress towards being a successful affiliate for Mailjet. To access it, click on ‘Dashboard’ from the main Tapfiliate menu.
Here you can see tracking for your Conversions, pending Commissions and pending Commission amount.
Here you can see the number of converted users within the last 28 days.
A user is considered converted when they have completed the following steps:
- Create a Mailjet account using your referral URL.
- Choose a subscription plan. This also includes users who choose a Free plan - if they update it to a paid plan at a later time, they will still count towards your commissions.
- The account passes Mailjet’s internal checks and is activated by us.
Commissions and Commission Amount
Under ‘Commissions’ you will see the number of monthly commissions that are pending approval for you. The ‘Commission Amount’ shows the money that are pending payout from your commissions.
To see a detailed breakdown of the commission stats, click on ‘View commissions’ or ‘View Conversions’ and You will be transferred to the ‘Reporting’ section of your Tapfiliate account.
The ‘Reporting’ section shows detailed statistics for your conversions, commissions and commission amount. Click on the ‘Reporting’ button on the main menu to access it.
Since the stats are updated in real-time, you can use the Refresh button to check if there are any changes.
Click on the Filter icon to access the filtering options.
You can filter the results based on their status.
- Approved - the conversions or subscription payments were reviewed by Mailjet and approved to count towards your commissions
- Pending - the conversions or payments have not yet been reviewed by Mailjet
- Disapproved - the conversions / payments were checked by Mailjet, but will not count towards your commissions (this may happen because the Affiliate Program Terms of Service were violated)
Select Date Range
Use the calendar to select a date range you are interested in. Then choose a period of time - last 7 days, last month, this year etc - or use a custom range.
How to Sort Reporting Statistics
Sort the information using the left-hand menu.
Sorting by Acquisition or Audience is not available, as Mailjet does not feed such data to Tapfiliate.
Sorting by Time Period
Simply choose the respective period - a day, week, month or year. This will display the stats based on the chunks of time you have selected.
The data will be displayed in the form of a graph. Move your mouse cursor over a section to see the results for that particular point in time.
You can also easily focus on a certain date range by directly selecting it.
A breakdown of the stats will be given below the graph, sorted by the time period you have chosen.
Sorting by Program
To see the reporting by Program, select ‘Program’ from the sorting options.
You will only have the Mailjet Affiliate Program active here, so you will see overall stats for the date range you have chosen.
Use the ‘Export’ button to extract the reports in .CSV format onto your computer.
Please note that the report will include information based on the date range / filters you have currently selected.
Click on ‘Assets’ from the main Tapfiliate menu to go to your Assets section.
View your Mailjet Referral Link
In the ‘Assets’ section of your Tapfiliate account you can find the referral link you need to bring new users to Mailjet.
Easy shortcuts to different social media platforms are also provided for your convenience.
View your Mailjet Marketing Materials
Additionally, different marketing materials are provided in this section for you to use - easy links to social media platforms, suggestions for Twitter / Facebook posts and a Mailjet promotional YouTube video.
Tapfiliate Conversions & Commissions
Click on the ‘Conversions’ button on the main menu to go into the ‘Conversions & Commissions’ section.
You can see a list of all your active leads, ordered from newest to oldest, along with the commission you have earned from them.
The following details are shown:
- Date - The conversion date for the respective lead
- Program - Mailjet’s Affiliate Program
- Amount - The cost of the original subscription plan the lead selected when registering with Mailjet
- Commission - The total commission amount you are eligible for from this lead
- Reviewed - How many of the subscription payments were approved and are counted towards your commission
Click on a lead to see a breakdown of their subscription payments.
The details shown here are:
- Date - The date of the payment
- Conversion sub amount - The amount of the payment made by the lead
- Commission amount - The commission you are eligible for, based on the subscription amount paid by the lead
- Recurring commission - Will always be blank, as information about each commission is automatically added by Mailjet whenever a payment is made
- Approved - Will be shown with a checkmark, if the payment was reviewed and approved to count towards your commission payments
- Comments - When a payment is reviewed, we may leave a comment on it. It will be displayed here.
Export Conversion / Commission Reports
Click on the ‘Export’ button to extract the reports shown on this page.
The report will be downloaded onto your computer in CSV format.
Payouts Display in Tapfiliate
In the ‘Payouts’ section you can see details about the pending or completed Payments by Mailjet for your commissions. Select ‘Payouts’ from the main Tapfiliate menu to access it.
A list of payments will be shown.
The details displayed are:
- Date - the date
- Advertiser - will always be marked as “Mailjet”
- Amount - the payment amount you should receive, once it is processed by us
- Paid - a checkmark will appear next to the payment, once it is sent by Mailjet (otherwise it will be blank)
How Are Payouts Processed
The process for sending your commission payment is the following:
- Our Marketing team approves the commission and creates a new payment amount. It will appear in the ‘Payouts‘.
- We then ask you to send us an invoice for the commission payment. We need to receive the invoice, before we can process the payout.
- You send the invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we receive it, we send the respective commission amount to the IBAN registered with your Tapfiliate account.
- After the payout is sent by Mailjet, it will be marked as ‘Paid’ in Tapfiliate.
In case you experience any issues with the Tapfiliate functionalities, we encourage you to visit the Tapfiliate Support page.
Of course, feel free to contact the Mailjet Marketing Team, in case you have questions about the statistics displayed in your Tapfiliate account. Our team of specialists will be more than happy to assist you! Please email email@example.com for more information.
We hope you’ll enjoy being a Mailjet Affiliate! Let us know what you think of this platform, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailjet Integrations Team