If your emails are being rejected by Yahoo recipients with the error "554 5.7.9: Message not accepted for policy reasons", it means that your email failed one or more authentication checks that Yahoo uses to verify that emails are truly sent from the domains they claim to originate from.
To set up the Yahoo! FBL for your sending domain, please:
1) Create a role address email/mailbox postmaster@yourdomain as Yahoo requires this for the validation email.
2) Login into your Yahoo account or create an account if you do not have one.
3) While logged into your Yahoo account, fill out the Feedback Loop Form by entering the following information:
• Company Name
• Contact Name
• Contact email
• Reporting email: email@example.com
• Selector: * (to indicate any selector)
• Request type: Add
• Domain: your sending domain that you want to be added to the FBL
Once the form is filled out, click the button 'Get Verification Code' which will trigger an email with a verification code to the email postmaster@yourdomain that you created. Do not close the the form page while waiting for the email with the verification code. Once you receive the email, enter the code in the text field on the form.
When completed, you should see a notice confirming that the submission was sent and that it may take up to 48 hours for the FBL to be activated.
After you receive the confirmation that the FBL set up is completed on Yahoo’s side, open a support ticket with the following information:
- the sender domain(s) that you want to have the Yahoo! FBL activated and you used during the setup at Yahoo!
- the API key on which you want the Yahoo! FBL to be activated
Once we have this information we can flag your account as using FBL.
Please note: Only one Yahoo Feedback Loop per sending domain per API Key is allowed. If you wish to set up another Feedback Loop for another sending domain, it must be on a separate API Key.